WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation Careers
Business & Entrepreneurship Coordinator - 6-Month Contract Position
(with possible opportunity for extension)
WindsorEssex Small Business Centre is currently seeking a highly motivated, creative and energetic candidate for the position of Business & Entrepreneurship Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director Small Business & Entrepreneurship Centre and as a member of the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Centre (SBEC), you will be responsible to coordinate and drive the activities of the SBEC to effectively function and attain its goals and objectives.
- Promote the SBEC as a reliable support service to small business and entrepreneurs and manage concierge of business support services and programs
- Provide general advisory support services to new and existing small business entrepreneurs as well as business and financial planning supports
- Drive awareness of the SBEC as the go to resource for small business and entrepreneurship support services via online marketing and social media marketing
- Lead the administration function of the SBEC and coordinate business resources required to support the effective delivery of services and programs including partner and team support
- Coordinate and promote entrepreneurial activities including business education, events, programs, electronic news and surveys
- Lead client engagement and aftercare by administering client surveys and reporting outcomes, progress and economic impact to management and stakeholders on a consistent and proactive basis
Required Education and Skills
- University or College Degree in applicable field of study
- 1 to 3 years of experience in office administration
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience in the small business sector and previous entrepreneurial experience is an asset
- Highly motivated, creative and energetic with the ability to work independently
- Solid grasp of social media, website content management and client relation management system
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as required for special events
- Multilingualism/Bilingualism (French) considered an asset
Qualified individuals should submit their resume to email@example.com by October 4, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation during the recruitment process is available for job applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation of any accommodation(s) that you may require. We are taking every precaution to keep our employees safe during the COVID-19 pandemic with strict protocols in place.